DWELLING DUMPLINGS BACKSTAGE
Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out

2 posters

Go down

Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out Empty Re: Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out

Post by Leanne C Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 am

love your first shout out!
so many pictures!
good job shimen!
i bet readers loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!

Leanne C
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

Back to top Go down

Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out Empty Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out

Post by Shimen Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:41 am

Actually I have something to Shout Out too bigsmile !!

These days I'm having a lot of WishYouWereHere!-moments, so I decided to take out my camera that has been in my bag ever since we decided on posting pictures, and to shoot some random pics to share with you, so it will be just a little bit as if you're really here with me in Nijmegen Very Happy !!

Like Peggy's school, also at our school last friday was examstuntday - it's the day when the 6thformers (examstudents) are allowed to get as retarded as possible and to do anything, anything, they want to do.

To us non-sixthformers, though, it means big big trouble.

This morning I heroically decided to cross the schoolyard instead of taking a backdoor and indeed, soon someone yelled: HEY! We haven't bullied that one yet! and by the time I entered the school, I looked like this:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 46472473[/img]

Sixthformers are smart, they closed off all bathrooms (except for one) so we wouldn't be able to get the greasepaint off (but even if we had the chance, it wouldn't get off that easily anyway:P):

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 63238387[/img]

(In English, it says: Because of 'Roosjesdag', only the bathroom in the A1 is open.)

And when I arrived at the place where I was supposed to have my first class of that day, this is what the corridor looked like:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 28002793.th[/img]

So I left and bumped into a friend - and woah, while I indeed got a stupid word stamped on my chest...:

Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out Dscn3356[/img]

... I admit that she got it much worse, since she got the illustrated version of mine:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out Dscn3357w[/img][img]

But luckily she could laugh about it : ). Then we finally found out what this year's theme was (every year there's a theme, last year - Floris' year! - it was James Bond):

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 66889613.th[/img]

The Seventies! Love and peace : ). And of course they were dressed accordingly: (by the way, Floris, you probably don't recognize him... but the guy in the white trousers, that really is Bas ^^ )

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 85945316.th[/img]

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 83943384.th[/img]

In the Hall there was a disco party going on:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 88235247.th[/img]

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 76143444.th[/img]

And just when I finally got into the classroom the fourth hour and took this interesting picture:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 11803452.th[/img]

Sixthformers rushed into the room, yelling, running around and grabbing us and pushing us towards the door (it was my teacher's first year at this school, and really he was not amused), and let us go to the schoolyard:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 19894157.th[/img]

There was seventies music blasting out the speakers (I bet that made the people living and working near our school really happy). And the hippies and disco goers resumed partying:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 79109608.th[/img]

I have lots of respect for this superbold guy:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 71514789.th[/img]

And this one I got to know in the debatingclub, but I didn't know he could sing, too! He was doing quite a good job...

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 97964910.th[/img]

... when he suddenly stopped, lifted up his guitar (well, not the guitar he was playing with, I guess he had prepared an older one):

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 23041346.th[/img]

... and smashed it to the ground.

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 44180700.th[/img]

Right : ). Soms sixthformers lacked creativity so they just painted this face all green:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 46256541.th[/img]

Every year, this moment - after the schoolyardstunt - is the moment to get away. Some students will go to see the afternoonshow, and some students sneak out. I got texted by Annie (oops, introducing Annie: Annie is same-age, Chinese and together with my younger sister, my very best friend ^^ ) and we left school and went to LaPlace to have lunch:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 66466383.th[/img]

Mmmm : ) !! And in the meanwhile I quickly checked the Forum too ^^

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 46781993.th[/img]

I wondered why people kept staring at me since I had already forgotten about the greasepaint on my face… until I walked by a mirror. But hey, who cares Razz !

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 66826785.th[/img]

As soon as we finished lunch we left LaPlace and went out again (we had to be quick, because I was going to meet up with Floris at 15.00 in the park) to go… shopping Very Happy !

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 82085987.th[/img]

Haha, nevermind that the top was far too big ^^. This was shop #twenty-something already, so we had gotten quite tired and had a brainparalysis moment in the fitting room:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 21awm.th[/img]

But hey ideaideaidea !! We still had time, so why not go to the park? We bought some cookies and some magazines, and took off to go to Kronenburgerpark (it's the park in front of our school, when the weather's nice, it'll be crowded by students ^^). Annie had a waffle with whipped cream yummm:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 22ars.th[/img]

And I just completely dozed away while reading QUESTpsychology (by the way, it said Chinese people believe you'll never go broke if you keep three golden coins tied together with a red cord - really o.O? I've never heard about it Razz)

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 23aaq.th[/img]

Then suddenly I got startled by a loud BOO! behind me: 3 o'clock, Floris had dropped by.

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 98264275.th[/img]

Surely he wanted a waffle too, but he was chewing gum... so what do you do then? Of course, you just stick it to your sunglasses Smile !

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 51820784.th[/img]

Then Annie left because she had things to do at home : (. Floris and I decided to take pictures of Nijmegen for you, and the first thing next to the park is a snackbar.. and a brothel. Well it's not actually like the ones in Amsterdam, but we thought we should take a picture of it anyway since it indeed is something typically Dutch. But since we saw there were actually men standing in front of it and peeking at the windows, and realizing it probably isn't a very smart thing to do to go over and take pictures (unless you want to get beaten up, and we don't really fancy that)... we didn't get much closer than giving you a pic of the street it's in:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 95910172.th[/img]

It looks just like a normal house. Then Floris and I went to a more innocent place, the Marktplein (The market ward)! There are a lot of old medieval buildings surrounding it, and now there are still people living in it (although some of the buildings have been turnt into cafés):

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 81628599.th[/img]

Under the st.Stevens-Church:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 51233632.th[/img]

Somewhere on the st.Stevens-Church:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 29azw.th[/img]

The st.Stevens-Church:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 86206524.th[/img]

Funny thing about that church is that, somewhere underneath, lies our school's gym ^^ . This is the Waagh:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 33603499.th[/img]

Which is: a weighing house. Women that were suspected of witch craft used to be weighed in here (if they were too light, it'd mean they were able to fly on broomsticks...thus they would be convicted of witchcraft) during the witch hunt. But at present, it is a restaurant.

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 86138840.th[/img]

And this indeed seems to be a very boring looking and ugly building - but really it's the oldest in town! Although... we weren't able to get specific dates, haha, but really it's true:P!
Hey Daniel, this one is for you:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 78199958.th[/img]

In English it says: Here stood the parental house of Henriëtte Presburg, mother of Karl Marx, Karl Marx 1818-1883. This is what it looks like now, nothing spectacular (in fact, quite boring I think ^^ ):

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 87082017.th[/img]

Then we moved on with our Quest to get pictures for you, but paused to make a silly picture of the two of us:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 22551935.th[/img]

And then we passed the st.Maarten chapel aka the Barbarossa ruin. It's a part of the palace emperor Frederik I Barbarossa built in 1155, Barbarossa was king of Germany, king of Italy, and crowned holy Roman Emperor by the Pope. That's of course pretty interesting, but what's interesting too is that Floris had quite a happy moment here.

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 36197240.th[/img]

There was a fencing round the chapel and no matter how I zoomed in I couldn't quite get the picture right. So I broke the law and climbed over the fence to take this picture of Floris doing what he won't do for the coming 155 years:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 45299744.th[/img]

Then suddenly I noticed it was 4 o'clock already and I had to be home in one hour to babysit my sister and some other kids, so we started our return journey back to school. On our way we came across a cute clown - so sweet, he was making funny balloons for kids:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 69180809.th[/img]

... and grabbed a new pair of sunglasses for Floris:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 82926458.th[/img]

After taking a weird roundabout route back to school, because Floris wanted to try 'something new', we arrived at the park, said goodbye and Floris disappeared somewhere in this crowd:

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 33096341.th[/img]

I had to rush and went back to school to get my books and coat, only to find that the sixthformers had closed the gate so it took me half an hour to get to my bike... and then I had to cycle double-quick because I promised to prepare cookies and cake, woah panic!, and as soon as I got home I quickly washed the greasepaint off...

[img]Shimen's first post: Silly Friday Shout Out 56803454.th[/img]

... clean bigsmile !

And spent the rest of the day waveboarding Razz . Or actually... falling of the waveboard.

Hmmm probably this has been superuninteresting and quite a waste of time for you... knockwall . Yet I feel happy to share this with you, like I said it's good for those wishyouwhere-moments, haha ^^ !! Sorry if I wasted your time though:S!

PS: The pictures are very small, but you can enlarge them by clicking on it : ) ! ... Uh-oh, the thought of my face popping up that big, ouch...-_-'
Shimen
Shimen
Administrator
Administrator

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down