DWELLING DUMPLINGS BACKSTAGE
Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness

5 posters

Go down

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness Empty ...0.0

Post by Kennenth Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:26 am

For sure, Ive never heard about the term before...

But the Kenji s are readable to the Chinese, so I may get familiar about this kinda group of people.. Not that good, I guess..

silent

Kennneth
Kennenth
Kennenth
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

Back to top Go down

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness Empty Re: [About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness

Post by Kami Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Im kinda surprised too that there are so many people like this in Japan... but I think there are some in other countries too. I think it has to do with the high tech lifestyle we live in right now and also parenting maybe. Its like all they need is a computer connected to the internet and they can live in their house forever without ever stepping outside their homes. They can buy stuff online, order food, and chat with other people virtually... with almost everything done online, who needs to get out lol though I think this is extremely unhealthy. One of the other factors I think contributes to this phenomenon is parenting. I think the parents of these kids are either never around or they are too soft on their kids. I dun think parents should be ruthless and abusive to their kids but having a moderate level of authority and control I think could help prevent these kinds of mental illness from occurring. Of course I dun think this kind of mental illness is prevalent in many third world countries that dun have all this high tech stuff like in Japan. Its sad to see technology turn kids into this... Neutral

Kami
Teammember (Regular)
Teammember (Regular)

Back to top Go down

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness Empty Re: [About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness

Post by Naomi Sat May 22, 2010 8:25 am

It´s an interesting article ^^
To be honest I never heard of the word Hikikomori only Otaku xD...
I knew that those people exist but 26mio is indeed a really large sum o,o
Naomi
Naomi
Teammember (Regular)
Teammember (Regular)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimen Fri May 21, 2010 11:03 am

Then I'm just being dumb, sorry. 12

Yet I don't think many people will know, because our readers aren't actually people living in Japan Korea or China (or people who learn Wikipedia by heart, like you:P <-- which is no offence).

But Kennenth may decide (:
Shimen
Shimen
Administrator
Administrator

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floris Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 am

lol shimen I actually did hear both terms before Razz

Floris
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimen Fri May 21, 2010 7:40 am

Wow Kennenth, you just got back and already wrote a new post Very Happy !

It's a supersad article though! Hikikomori... is it like autism, or social anxiety disorder? In every society there always are people being excluded... it's so wistful >.< ! I really hope these people will be helped soon and can begin a better life.

OK as for suggestions, maybe you could tell a bit more about what Hikikomori are (: . Because when I read the article, I had never heard of Hikikomori before and I also didn't know what Otaku is until I google'd it - although of course that's probably due to the fact I live in the Netherlands:P. Still I don't expect all readers will immediately know what you mean, so that's why I think it might be a good idea to elaborate on 'Hikikomori' and 'Otaku' ^^ .

That way your article won't only be about the news that 80% suffer from mental illness, but also about the phenomon Hikikomori itself, you think that's a good idea:P? Or would that then be too complicated? You decide Wink.

Then I have another suggestion, but maybe it's stupid because I don't know much about Hikikomori, so I'm sorry if it is dumb haha ^^ . But Kennenth, is Hikikomori something that exists in Japan only? Because I would say also in China and Korea, there are such people living a lonely life, probably sadly enough every society has this kind of people being dissociated : (. Surely for this there are differences between Japan, Korea and China, and even bigger differences between Asia (asia as defined by us dwellingdumplings:P) and Western countries, right? Or is that a really silly thought:P? Because if those differences really exist, I thought it might be interesting to write about that too, I mean it's quite an important issue in society, right?

.... or is that wrong:P?

But anyway I liked your article very much Smile. Well not what it says of course because that's just sad, but I like your manner of writing (:

Well done, again Razz !
Shimen
Shimen
Administrator
Administrator

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness Empty [About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness

Post by Kennenth Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

The Japanese Government recently released a study: 80% of the Hikkomori (staying at home, isolated by wiki) have mental illness, of which 2/3 may be suffering from schizophrenia or serious symptoms of mental retardation.

Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠もり, literally "pulling away, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive people who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement because of various personal and social factors in their lives.

This study was conducted by the Japanese health authorities, labor and welfare departments and the psychiatrists. The survey was aimed at the 16-25 years old Hikkomoris. The researchers speculated that there should be 26 million Hikkomori in Japan. And they strongly advised these people to receive psychological medical treatment outside their houses, away from the hikikomori lifestyle, and cherish the life around.

By the way, here are some real Hikkomori photos, a little bit different from the Otaku..

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness 00010

[About Society]Nearly 80% of the Hikkomori have mental illness 00210
Kennenth
Kennenth
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum