DWELLING DUMPLINGS BACKSTAGE
Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to AIYO Backstage Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, something went really wrong.

4 posters

Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty Thanks : D !

Post by Shimen Sat May 01, 2010 3:33 am

Thanks Very Happy ! I'm so happy you understand, I was afraid I totally screwed up!
Shimen
Shimen
Administrator
Administrator

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty I support you, Shimen!

Post by Leanne C Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Shimen!

Just to let you know I totally understand.

I know we all have our own agendas in life. You just have to learn to balance everything out. study At least you are not leaving us, our beloved Ms. President! NOOOOOOOOO...can't even imagine that! 01 15
You know, it's good to start with WordPress first I think. We can establish our blogging skill, and adjusting to writing articles about different topics before moving on to the next step. Big success comes from a small success Smile

I will always support you like how I have supported you since Day 1!

Leanne C
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

Back to top Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty Re: Sorry, something went really wrong.

Post by Jooyoung Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:20 pm

yeah- that's okay Shimen Smile
I can understand you.. You Are a student, not a professional or all-time blogger cyclops
WordPress will be great, also !! bigsmile
Jooyoung
Jooyoung
Teammember (Regular)
Teammember (Regular)

Back to top Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty I support you shimen! :P

Post by Floris Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

I forgive you Wink. Your studies take priority, of course. It's best to smart small anyway before you invest too much, money, time or ehm, whatever else you could invest. Investing in your family is more important. That's common sense ah?
This is ideal to start our business. Otherwise the blog couldn't be online this fast.
I am confident that we, as a great team, can make the blog an success.

Well, three hurrahs are in order!

Hurrah! cheers

Hurrah! cheers

Hurrah! cheers

To the birth of our blog! *Cheers*
cheers

Floris
Teammember (Editor)
Teammember (Editor)

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty Sorry, something went really wrong.

Post by Shimen Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Dear Team,

When last Sunday, I told my parents I was going to construct the blog next week, my mum and dad raised objections. The past few weeks, we have all invested lots of time and effort to build this blog; we visit Backstage many times a week or even many times a day. I skip my breaks (at school) and I don't do many other things like watching telly, which leaves me enough time to spend on the blog. And although my parents, like all parents, think study is the #1 priority, they do support me in doing this because, as they say, it is never a bad thing to work hard for something you believe in. Besides, they think it's good that I want to learn more about my roots. And also, by now I should be able to take my own responsibilities towards my own studies too.
But they know I can become a serious workaholic once I get passionate. And about the blog, I'm more than just passionate. I understand their concerns, because in fact this is a project I am investing a lot of time in without knowing how it will work out. My parents don't want me to get too absorbed by the blog, because that way it could affect my studies, and I admit that I am getting too absorbed.

I didn't post this before because I didn't know how to tell you. Just during my little internship this week, I had lots of time to ponder on what I should do. It is clear to me that I cannot disobey my parents, even more I think they objected rightly.
Yet it is out of the question for me to put an end to this blog.

Therefore, after doing some google'ing, I want to use Wordpress instead of making an own domain. Yes, it's not as cool as an own domain without a suffix, but Wordpress is much more convenient. An own domain would need to be constructed first, and would have less possibilities (because, no matter how brainy Rob is, it probably wouldn't become as user-friendly as Wordpress). This way, we only need to focus on brushing up the lay-out and the division by topics etc., and to get things running smoothly. This saves us a lot of time and trouble. Surely there are some other measures as well, but only this one will affect you too.

If I did well, by now you should have an invitation in your mailboxes, inviting you to www.dwellingdumplings.wordpress.com. I picked this name because AIYO! was taken, even on Wordpress, and it was the second best the last time we polled (I agree with Leanne that it’s just not done to poll again and again). But if you really dislike it, you know you can always let me know through post, mail or PM.

The coming two weeks, I’ll be busy organizing DD, the pennames, the topicnames, the lay-out and in the end: the Logo (or actually, uploading the logo someone else has made).

People, I am truly sorry to disappoint you. I feel really bad about it, an own domain would be so much cooler. And most of all: I promised it, too.
I hope that, as soon as we’ve gained experience here and have proven that we really can do it, we’ll be able to move on to www.dwellingdumplings.com.

For now, there’s nothing more I can do but to do my best and make dwellingdumplings.wordpress.com as great as possible.

Shimen.
Shimen
Shimen
Administrator
Administrator

https://backstageblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sorry, something went really wrong. Empty Re: Sorry, something went really wrong.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum